Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE) Policy
Diesel Locomotive Works, Varanasi, a Production Unit under Ministry of Railways is committed to manufacture reliable, cost-effective and state of the art Locomotives. Diesel Generating sets and their spares for Indian Railways, Non-Railway Customers including exports.
We are committed to achieve excellence by:
- Enhancing Customer Satisfaction through continuous improvement in reliability and performance of products.
- Comply with applicable Environmental, Health & Safety legislations and legal requirements to which our organization subscribes.
- Identifying and providing relevant training to staff & supervisors and give them the opportunity to contribute for continuous improvement in Quality Environmental, Health & Safety management system.
- Communicating QHSE policy to all employees interested parties and persons working on or behalf of the Organization.
- Preventing all type of pollution by minimizing resource consumption and waste generation using cleaner technologies, material substitution and process changes.
- Preventing all injuries and loss of property including environmental performance through continuous safety inspections.
- Striving for "Right first time" and safe working practices through system improvement and training.
- Implementing progressive health and safety practices to prevent all employees from occupational diseases and health hazards.
- Setting objectives & targets and periodically monitor their progress through internal audit and management review.
- Periodically review our Quality, Environment and Health & Safety policy and management systems for continued suitability, adequacy and effectiveness.